Wednesday, October 26, 2016

The Girl Behind the Smile

Just Me Standing There

Have you ever laid your head down to rest at night, and have a million thoughts race through your head, and no way to sort them?

I do... Every night... This is my way!

What is with the title of this blog?  Well, let me tell you.. There are so many days where I choose to put on a smile for those around me, but inside tells a different story.  Some days the girl is overjoyed, some days she is frantically trying to make sense of everything, and some days, she is sad.  Why do I choose to put on that smile, when that is not how I truly feel?  For those around me.  As a mother, I do things for those around me.  As a wife, I do things for others, Always have!  Here's the funny thing about a smile, IT'S CONTAGIOUS!  You do it, other's will to.  There are a million reasons to be happy today!  

What are your reasons?
My Husband
My Children
Friends
Extended family, even if they all are a little crazy
Knowing that my baby is getting baptized by his own agency
Having the gospel in our life
Food, good ole' southern cooking that makes you happy when you eat it
Today, Chocolate, because I need that little handful of chocolate chips (don't judge me)
Cool breeze hitting my face, while the sun shines perfectly through the trees overhead
Housework... because this is how I de-stress (that's normal right?)
Laughter coming from the other room, because that means my kids are in our home
Text messages
Crazy little phone calls


This list may not be a million things, but to me, it is what I need to get through today, keeps me smiling and it lets me know I am not alone.  Today the girl behind the smile, feels like she has a hundred people speaking to me, and she can't keep up.  

1 comment: